The Sun

The Sun

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Waiting for the sun to rise

Yesterday during our church service, God blessed me with a wonderful vision - one which continues to be there every time I stop and close my eyes.

Jesus appeared before me, holding out His hand. Understanding He was inviting me to follow Him, I took His hand and walked. The way grew dark and narrow, and I said to Him, "Yes, even here will I follow you." The way became light again and hand in hand we walked up a grassy hill and stopped on the crest looking into the distance. I did not see a view because I was more intent on Jesus.

After a while of standing in silence looking into nothingness, I broached a conversation... "So what are we doing, Lord?" He turned and smiled, "Wait, just wait." I was filled with excitement, joy and at complete peace.

Content to wait beside Him I looked off into the distance again. After a while I became aware that it was not just the two of us as I had first thought. Shane (hubby) was on my right, holding my hand and to his right was God, holding his other hand. To the left of Jesus and holding His hand was our dear sister and friend, Sarah. We were all looking off into the same nothingness. I tried to work out where the Holy Spirit was, and it took me a few minutes to realise He was across all of us, in all of us, and in fact the very bond that connected us together. That was cool.

After some time I saw a glimmer of a sun appearing over a distant horizon. Just the smallest arc. It was about this time that our service ended. The vision had begun near the start of the service and this was the point at which it seemingly ended. However as I went through the rest of the day, including a trip out to Birdlings Flat to go agate hunting, I could see the same vision immediately. Only the sun was higher, rising gradually, but faster than in the natural.

I said to my Lord that I would only go on further if He lead me or took me with Him. I will not go on alone.

This morning it was the same although the sun was fully in the sky now. I again thought to ask Jesus what was going on. "Wait," was His usual reply.

"Can we do something while we're waiting?" I queried.

"There's no time," He replied.

Now herein lies my predicament. We're waiting, but there is no time to do anything while we wait. A complete oxymoron as far as I can tell. In this matter I am struggling with my Lord's sense of humour.

The food situation is getting tight and I am trying to stave off the 'oh no' feelings. I am not even letting my mind head toward the financial issues. That's more than I can bear and is firmly in the hands of God.

So here I am waiting...at the Lord's bidding. How long we must still wait I have no idea. One thing for certain, I am determined to be obedient until the very end of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment