The Sun

The Sun

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

God is the glory of my days

One day of consulting work by hubby and my payout for a month of photos sold (6 or 7, from memory) brings our bank account into the black for the briefest of moments. What a rush! lol

Living by faith is not for the fainthearted or the faithless. But however much (or little) faith you start the process with, you find plenty of opportunities to increase upon it. :) It most certainly is not something you can do without God...and quite honestly, who would want to?

Then again, why would you want to live life without Him? At the end of your earthly days, what will your life equate to?
Maybe some money in the bank that you can't do anything with...possessions to be dished out amongst relatives...a career or a job that allowed you to survive - with some pleasures if you're lucky. Maybe you're a philanthropist who helps people and makes a difference, but did you lead them to an eternal life and teach them how to earn treasures in heaven?

This whole process of living by faith is teaching me many things. One of the greatest lessons is how to live toward the eternal rather than for my short days on this earth. Having a view toward my heavenly life actually increases the importance of how I live today. I am learning to make God the glory of my days - it's not about me, or what I can achieve. It's about what God can achieve through me for His kingdom, which also brings the greatest satisfaction and happiness. God plants within us the desires of our heart, so when we follow that, God's plans move forward and we enjoy the rewards of obedience - love, joy, and peace. Doesn't that sound like a much nicer life than doing a job for the best years of your life to obtain things that don't last?

No comments:

Post a Comment