The Sun

The Sun

Sunday, March 14, 2010

And so it starts...

Today was the first physical action seen toward our destiny, which is The Wellspring. We have planned long on paper, in our hearts, and in spiritual areas, but to act and thereby bring something into tangible realisation is a great step forward.

One of the facets of The Wellspring is a helping hands ministry. This is a free service. While the fullness of this aspect requires tools, vehicles and supplies, which God has promised to provide, we start with what we have. It may be little, but that's no reason not to do what we can with what we have.

So today, my husband went to some of the elderly in our community and performed maintenance for them - clearing guttering on houses. He worked long, hard hours. He came home dirty (and he has no deoderant left and we have no money to buy him any LOL) and feeling physically tired but spiritually alive. We have begun!

The hard part is trying to get across to people that what we are doing is free, but realising that sometimes God will provide what we need through these people. So from one house he came home with a bag of apples off her tree, and from the other, nothing. Both are equally welcomed.

While husband dearest was out I spent the day making things with our newly provided goods from the family that came yesterday. I made fruit bread, fudge cake, and muesli. That used up portions of the sugar, flour, eggs, and dried fruit they brought with them. I think I've about done my cooking dash for today, just the dinner left to do, which is rationed servings of fish and vegetables. I'm cooking extra veggies to give to Wag (the dog) tomorrow since we've now used the last of the dog biscuits. There was also the washing to do and I got some photos processed and uploaded to a stock photo site.

We have needs, particularly for the animals, but believe God to provide for them also. Tomorrow is a new day full of wonderful possibilities. As the night draws in, my mind turns to spending time with God. It seems a long time since this morning when I sat cradled in His hand. I think it is time to feel His arms around me again so He can continue keeping me strong and faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment