The Sun

The Sun

Monday, March 29, 2010

Learning to wait

Life is certainly interesting. One can be bored, but overall, the journey of life equals more than one period, or several periods, of boredom. That's not to say I am bored, just tired of waiting. Waiting...waiting...waiting. Actually that's not quite true either. I WAS tired of waiting. Now I am waiting with expectancy, having learned to be content with God's timing.

Waiting for a miracle while living frugally has its challenges. Some of those challenges I have even enjoyed - at times - other times not so much. I have learned to make things to satisfy cravings without normally essential ingredients. Alison Holst's Crazy Cake (choc cake with no eggs, butter, or milk) is wonderful!

We've been out of dog food for a couple of weeks, and cat food almost a week. We ran out of milk last week sometime and have been using milk powder, but that too is now off limits as I have to reserve a portion so at least I can continue making bread in the breadmaker. Then, lo and behold, the Lord provided yesterday - enough money to buy pet food, milk, and PRAISE THE LORD deoderant for hubby! ;) Triple YAYYYYYYY!

We have come to the delightful position of being happy to wait on God, or at least content. We know He will not let us down. We are fully resolved to lose everything for Him, if that is His desire. Possibly a very costly resolution. That could mean our house, our possessions, our community standing - everything!!! This is serious business. But we are even more serious about doing God's will. All those things are fleeting, but the grace of the Lord is sufficient. His mercies are new every morning. His promises are guaranteed. His love and compassion is perfect and everlasting.

Sometimes it feels like we're standing on a very slippery slope into complete ruin. Thankfully those feelings are less and less as we have learned (and are still learning) to rest in God and let Him carry our burdens. The peace that passes all understanding is aptly described. I cannot convey, even in ten thousand pages of rhetoric, the peace He provides to the person who gives God permission to reign in every area of their life.

I worship my Heavenly Father for the place He has brought me to. Each day I can come to Him in thanksgiving and praise, not because the external circumstances are any different to yesterday's, but because He has given me an assurance of faith, hope, and love.

I want every single person to know what it is to truly meet with God. The desire to teach people how to connect in such a meaningful, personal way is very strong. There is simply no better way to live.

Here is a practical example of God's faithfulness.

3 weeks ago I had meat enough to feed the 3 adults in the house for 3 weeks. Today, having used some of that meat to feed the dog and 3 cats, I still have enough meat left to feed 3 adults for 2 more weeks. We have not bought any because we have no money. We have not been given any meat for our use (only the stuff we got for Wag). Out of those three weeks only two meals were vegetarian, and we fasted for one. There is a tendency, I think, to expect fireworks and sirens accompanying miracles. How many times do we experience a miraculous intervention and fail to see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment